Welcome to the 505 Project Co.’s Stop Our Sugar!
The 505 – Stop Our Sugar – Movement will start once we have hit a critical mass of registrations. Join today to start the project sooner, and of course, we would love you to tell your friends as well. You will get weekly updates as we wait for launch!
Just a few Sugar Science Facts from UCSF that should scare the pants off of you:
- Added sugar is in 74% of our packaged foods.
- Scientific evidence shows too much added sugar, over time, is linked to type 2 diabetes, heart disease, non alcoholic fatty liver disease, lipid problems, and hypertension; all of which are part of what is called Metabolic Syndrome.
- Evidence is also mounting that high levels of sugar consumption can fuel some cancers and is linked to inflammation, dementia or Alzheimer’s and more rapid aging.
- 31% of American adults and 13% of kids suffer from non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
- 75% of health care costs are from metabolic syndrome diseases. – This is not just about overweight people. 20% of obese people have a healthy metabolism, and 40% of skinny people actually have the metabolic diseases caused by sugar consumption. That means 60% of the entire US population is suffering from metabolic diseases.
We have so much work to do! Let’s get started. Register for the 10 Day Challenge today.